Housera are a luxury furniture company based in London, built on a fantastic reputation amongst interior designers, they offer high quality beds, sofas, desks, chairs & more to discerning clients around the world.
But despite a credible reputation amongst designers, and having several famous faces on their client list too, they had been struggling to attract attention on social media. That's when they called us.
They wanted to outsource their social media management to a company that had a proven track record of success, and could take over their social media marketing presence to make them succeed in growing their audience & promoting their products to new clientele - which is no mean feat when some of their products are valued at over £15,000.00!
After a conversation with the owner we took over their social presence and they haven't looked back since. Despite a modest budget we've managed to consistently improve their following & interaction across Facebook, Twitter & Instagram alike whilst also promoting their products & driving traffic to their site.
We're pleased to have welcomed Housera onboard and are very excited about the future of this brand. If you need help or support with your business social media, contact us today to receive a quote for our services.
We recently welcomed Popular Avenue to the Whittingham Marketing family. This start up fashion reseller encourages its users to list their unwanted fashion on its site and sell it for cash or donate the earnings to charity. Likewise, bargain hunters can sniff out pre-loved fashion at great prices!
When they approached us Popular Avenue already had a steady stream of listings & users but their website was woefully lacks, and didn't represent the style of the company. That's where we came in.
We worked closely with the company to build a fantastic new, mobile optimised website. We got rid of some overcomplicated functions and unnecessary features and built a smooth & easy to use website that Popular Avenues clients would enjoy using.
By working closely with the owner we built a website that surpassed his expectations without compromising on some of the unique features & ideas he wanted to showcase.
Since launching the new website we've continued to support this fantastic company with social media marketing & advertising to promote the new website, and entice new clientele to discover incredible second hand fashion. The future is looking bright for Popular Avenue and with a website built to last they've made a solid investment in the future of their business.
Are you in need of fantastic website design? Contact us today to arrange a free quote & discover why start ups & established businesses alike continue to choose to work with us!
Over the festive period we ran a competition on our social media to give away a free website build to one lucky business!
The winner was Henry King, owner of HG King Funeral Services in Lancing, West Sussex.
H G King Funeral Services offer a professional, understanding & deeply respectful service during the hardest time in peoples lives and we are extremely honoured to have designed their new website.
Our goal with this build was to truly represent this incredible local business, and promote their respectful & beautiful ethos to those in need of their services.
You can check out the brand new website right here https://www.hgkingfuneralservices.co.uk/
It's never too early to start planning for the New Year when it comes to your business! But where is the best place to start? Continue reading for our top 5 recommendations to kick start your New Year marketing.
1) Social Media Strategy ~ The New Year could be the perfect excuse for you to get your social media working for you. But just posting content isn't enough, it's time to get creative! Running competitions, giveaways & promotions are a great way to increase engagement on your page. Making your social media profile an exciting place to be for your followers is key to ensuring you get the maximum return for your investment of time into your social accounts.
2) Google Adwords Campaign ~ An Adwords campaign (otherwise known as Pay Per Click - PPC) can be a fantastic way to ensure people seeking out your product or services can find you easily on Google. Although possible to manage an Adwords campaign on your own it is always better to seek professional help with this as there are many pitfalls to avoid. However, when done correctly an Adwords campaign can yield very impressive results, quickly & cost-effectively. If you're looking for advice or support whilst running an Adwords campaign feel free to contact us.
3) Website Redesign ~ Is your website portraying your business in the best possible light? If your website looks dated then that is the impression you give off to someone who discovers you online for the first time. Website technology is moving at an incredible pace and it is easy for SME's to get left behind with old websites. Staying on top of current trends is important to ensure your website is most likely to convert traffic into clients. We offer incredible website design packages starting at only £150. So, if your website could do with a revamp contact us today for details on how we can help.
4) Offline Marketing ~ The world may well be increasingly active online, but that does not mean that there is no place in your strategy for offline promotion too. From the traditional and time tested magazine & billboard advertising to Radio or Ad Screens there are an increasing number of unique & effective ways to promote your business in the high streets & locations that your potential clients hang out!
5) Get Creative ~ One thing is for certain in 2019; advertising your company effectively is sure to become even harder! Due to ever increasing demand & overcrowded methods of promotion it will be the truly unique & creative companies that stand out! So let your creative side out when thinking of way to promote your business in the New Year & m,ake sure you stand out from the crowd!
If you're looking for a team of marketing experts behind your business, contact us today for pricing & details on our incredible marketing packages.
If you do your own social media, it can be difficult to know if what you're doing is correct! That's why we thought we'd include some top tips in this months blog post for how to get your social media posts on point!
1. Customer Service Drives Revenue.
Replying to customer service queries on social media is a great move for your business. Consumers value a brand coming back to them on social, and will spend more as a result. Plus, if done right, it could mean less phone calls & time consuming emails into your office!
2. No image? No point.
While Instagram is a visual-first platform, everything from tweets to Facebook posts get a higher engagement rate if they include an image. So make sure all your tweets & posts are utilising the power of imagery to best represent your company!
3. People don’t read.
Social media users aren’t engaging in long-form content as much as you think, so consider this next time you're about to press Publish on your next Facebook essay! The shorter and more to-the-point a social media post is the better people will respond to it on average.
4. But they are consuming more video than ever.
And it’s not just on YouTube - consumers are watching over 100 million hours of video a day on Facebook alone. Cash in on this by including a few video posts in your social media plan!
5. Young people are on all the platforms.
What this means is: don’t ignore the older social media channels. Be pro-active on as many social media platforms as possible!
6. The over-50s are getting onboard.
The demographic group age bracket 55-64 is the fastest growing demographic on social media, meaning there is huge opportunities for business wanting to attract older customers on social media. The key takeaway here is to appreciate that social media is now a key element for any type of business. Period.
So with these 6 handy tips you should now be slightly better prepared to tackle the ever-changing issues of marketing your business on social media! Or... you could always get us to do it for you!
We have recently received an influx of enquiries from companies based outside the UK who want to utilise our online marketing expertise to either break into the UK market, or just because they want to boost their performance in their own country. So how do we ensure our services can be tailored to suite the needs of companies based abroad?
We are now running the social media campaigns & have designed the websites of companies as far flung as Canada & the US, but the real truth is our services remain the same for everyone (aside from ensuring our content goes live in the right time zone!) we treat all our clients, international or otherwise, exactly the same. It's that commitment to high quality service that ensures our brand name has spread across the oceans. Also, due to social media being largely accessible anywhere on earth; the core principles of promoting a business online remain the same too - meaning we're the best at it, wherever you're company is based!
That's why we're as confident as ever that we can help your business thrive online whether you're based in London, New York, Tokyo, Paris or elsewhere. We hold the key to successful marketing online and we know how to utilise that key and make it work for everyone.
That's why Whittingham Marketing continues to grow its international client base, and why we're racking up the air miles quicker than anything else!
If you're interested in our services or want to learn more about what we could do for your business please contact us using the button below or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
These days it seems that everyone is on social media, from your grandparents to the President of The United States (the less said about that the better!). Social media is perfect for keeping in touch with friends using Facebook, envying the rich & famous on Instagram or retweeting your favourite comedian on Twitter it seems that in one way or another we are all interacting on social media platforms in one way or another; and this should be no different for your business.
Make no mistake about it, your customers are on social media and if your business doesn't have a strong presence then they are far more likely to discover your competitors over you. But social media is more than just posting photos and sharing what you're up to. Social media for businesses has become an incredible tool for customer service. Clients can contact you through social media messaging if they have a query or are interested in your product/service. You can share important updates & news about your brand, or ask questions and get your audience involved in market research. But above all by staying active on social media you are staying present in the minds of your customer base/audience - meaning the next time they need your services or are looking for your product they'll be more likely to come to you.
Social media is so important in a marketing strategy that it is our primary focus when we bring a new client on board to evaluate where they're at with their social media presence and how we can implement changes to ensure they're being seen and interacted with.
If you're not using social media in the right way, or are concerned that you're not getting the results you want from it then it may be worth considering outsourcing it to a marketing team like us!
We can manage your social media on your behalf, posting content daily and interacting with your clients in an effective and professional manner. Our Bronze social media package starts at only £150 per month (less than £35 per week!) and means you can rest assured that your business has a solid social media presence correctly representing your company. If you're interested in this service please contact us via one of the following:
📲 Send us a message HERE
This is a question we get asked a lot and, despite what you might think, the answer isn't cut & dry. So here we explore a few reasons you may or may not need to outsource your social media.
We spend a lot of time with business owners & entrepreneurs trying to drill home how important a strong social media presence is for your business. But sometimes it simply cannot be done in-house due to budget or time restraints. That is when outsourcing could be a solution.
However, on the other side of the coin having a dedicated member of staff (or team) employed solely to manage your companies social media comes with it's own benefits! So how are you supposed to know what the best course of action is? Below we answer some questions we've come across that may help you realise whether you need to outsource or not.
Q. I do not have the budget to hire another member of staff, and our team is too busy to be doing social media too. What should I do?
A. Outsource. Without a doubt. If you fundamentally cannot run a social media campaign in-house then you are left with no choice but to hire a social media team/marketing company to take control of things for you. Doing nothing is not an option. Social media can increase client awareness, sales & customer care so it is vital for every business - regardless or size - to have a solid social media presence.
Q. We have someone on our team who does our social media, but the results aren't amazing. What should I do?
A. This is a tricky one because there's several possible options to explore. First off, does the team member actually know what your goals are on social media and do they know how to execute them? i.e do they have experience running social media campaigns previously? If not, the best option would be to bring in a consultant (like us!) to work with your team member for a few hours a week and train them on how to get the most out of social media. Although for this to work you have to be honest with yourself and ask has your team member got enough time to do what needs to be done or are they required to do other work too (admin etc.) that could take them away from your social media? If this is the case then it may be a good idea to explore outsourcing as a solution where your team member gets more time to focus on their core job role & the business has gained a marketing expert running their social media.
Q. I can't afford to outsource social media. It's really expensive isn't it?
A. No. Outsourcing social media can be extremely cost effective and is often considerably cheaper than hiring someone to fulfil this role full time. Fo example, our cheapest social media outsourcing package starts at only £150 PCM. That's only £1800 per year! Or £35 a week! That is a very good price to have someone managing your social media for you, dealing with comments etc and increasing awareness of your company online. There's a reason some of the biggest (and richest!) companies in the world still hire companies to run their social media for them; because it's cost-effective and often yields far better results.
The above are three of the most common questions we get asked when a business owner is struggling to fulfil their social media responsibilities. If you'd like to find out how hiring our team could revolutionise your business online contact us today.
So you've got a website for your business. Job done, right? Not so.
Websites, if not updated regularly can fall behind and become more of a hindrance than an asset. And ultimately, after a certain period of time, the technology of websites advance and it will be time for a total re-design.
That will cost a fortune, I hear you say. Not so. Whilst it is true that it will cost you something to have a redesign think of it as an investment because it is nothing compared to the cost of doing nothing.
The simple fact is that for your business to survive in the ever-competitive online market you have to be changing up your strategy regularly and tracking what works and what doesn't. Failure to do so could mean the end of your business.
So, how do you know if it's time to tweak your website, or even get a full redesign? Here are our top 5 clues to look out for:
1. Is your website mobile friendly? If not, don't read any further. Seriously, stop reading - You need to get a mobile friendly website immediately. As of the end of Q4 in 2017 Statista.com had over 50% of global internet traffic coming form mobile devices. Can you really afford for potentially 50% of your market to miss you altogether? Didn't think so.
2. How old is your existing website? Websites are no different to any other form of technology. They age and fall behind the times. You wouldn't start a business today using the original Apple Mac (first released in 1984) would you? So why would you hope that a several year old website will still perform as it should? Our advice would be that if your website is over 2 years old, consider major design & functionality upgrades, if not a total redesign. A good benchmark is to visit the websites of some of the top companies in your field; if your's isn't as good as theirs - it's time for a change.
3. Does your website display your company in the right way? Now this one sounds simple, we know. But the fact is we've heard so many business owners say "Oh we know the website needs work, it hasn't been updated for awhile". Now, be honest with yourself, does this sound like you? If your website does not correctly represent your company 100% of the time you WILL be missing out on sales/new clients. The internet is the most competitive environment out there, and if you fall behind for long it can be a very costly procedure to get it back on track again. You, as a business owner, have to understand that in this day & age the odds are your website will be the first encounter a potential client has with you. Make sure you make a good first impression; because where the internet is concerned the old adage is true - You never get a second chance to make a first impression.
4. Does your website have a blog section? This is a big one! Still, to this day, the number one question we get asked is "is it worth me being on social media?" to which we scream the word yes! Followed by a reminder that you also need to blogging regularly - the two work best hand-in-hand! Most older websites don't have a blog or news section, and if yours falls into this category then it's time to change things up! Need further proof? You're reading this information from a blog post. The fact is that your clientele is interested in your brand, and you should be interested in getting your company message out there. A blog is a fantastic way to do this, whilst also contributing to regular new content on your website (making people check back regularly) the SEO benefits are huge too. Now, stop reading and get blogging!
5. Is your current website working for you? This is the most important one & it should be simple, but so many business owners stick with websites that are not working because they don't want to deal with having a new one made. This is a costly mistake and there's no knowing how many clients or opportunities you're missing out on by doing this. In business, if something isn't working then it needs to change. Every aspect of your business should either serve you in a positive way, or cease to exist. If your website is not performing correctly, contact your web design team and speak to them about it. Make change happen, and if things aren't working out don't be afraid to source a new designer or marketing professional (Like us!). The future of your business could depend on this. Don't let you business fail because you didn't understand the importance of a great website.
So there you have it, our 5 top tips for knowing if you need a new website. Hopefully this will make it clearer for you and help you make the tweaks needed so that your business can continue to thrive online.
If you are looking for a new website, outsourcing solutions or any aspect of your current marketing is not working for you - contact us today. We'd love to help!
Email email@example.com or visit the CONTACT US section of our website.
🎉We recently partnered with Brighton based wedding supplies company Elizabeth Green to launch her new website and kick start a social media campaign. 😁
Elizabeth offers the people of Brighton & Hove unique and elegant accessories, attire & decorations to add even more magic to their special day. 👰
Having only started the company last year she was keen to get her website looking incredible and with little knowledge of social media, and its potential to create new business, she decided to hire us and outsource the duties! 👉🖥🙌
We are excited to partner with yet another unique and brilliant company based in Brighton. We can't wait to see some of the weddings her beautiful products are used at. ❤️
If you're based in Bournemouth or Brighton and are looking to take your business marketing up a notch contact us today for a free consultation session where we will map out the changes we'd propose.